What do I do if my parents are threatening me to marry against my will

My 22years old unmarried christian female friend is in trouble. We are living in Madurai, India.She is pursuing her 1st year MBA now. She came to her home for summer vacation and her parents arranged an engagement function without her consideration and against her will. She completely didn't like that and her parents threaten her. She want to continue studying and looking for a good carrer but her parents deny it. They said that, "if you want to study, you will must engage that person or else you are not allowed to study. And their parents also said, "if you decide to leave the house you must pay me all the money i spent for you from birth" she is helpless now.They treated her like a slave. What should she actually do now ? Kindly, give me the advice to save her. Thanks in advance.

Since your friend become christian, first insist your friend to give petition to concern church regarding her unwillingness to marry some one that their parents was fixed. If concern church father is not take any action. you friend will give complaint to concern police station against their parents. No parent will ask their children to pay all money for spending. That is their parents duty.