What are the requirements to get married ?

Hi I am a Hindu from mumbai and my wife is from Bangalore Is it possible for us to get married in Mumbai? I have all the local id proofs

Answers (3)

325 votes

You can get married in any part of the country and it will be a legal marriage. You may also register your marriage by visiting the SDM office and submitting the required docs.

Hope this was helpful

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

349 votes

Yes. You can marry at Mumbai also if you are 21 year old and girls is 18 year old as per the matriculation certificate. You can marry at Arya Samaj Mandir and thereafter get marriage registered before concerned ADM or you get married before ADM.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience
274 votes

You are saying that she is your wife then why are you getting marry again.

If not then you can do marriage with her in mumbai.
Evan you can marry in any place of india.
There should be proper necessary documnts from both side with witnesses.
You can marry in same day.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hi, Is there any law in India for disowning a family member such sister? Its not just the financial part where she shouldnt have any claim over my sel…

Read More

I love with my mom sisters doughters doughter .and we both want to marry with each other...i know it is not legal..but i expecting options on that acc…

Read More

How to get back her ? I given application to police also stating subject line. Police inquired but no solution come .wife not giving proper answer for…

Read More

Religion: Hindu There are total 4 heirs but partition deed is only between 3 as the rest one is not at all willing to make deed . Will the deed be val…

Read More