What are the legal rights of wife on husband's property

16-Apr-2023 (In Family Law)
There was a case going on about domestic violence between me n my husband from past 2 years . My husband wants me to move out of the house . The house belongs to my father-in-law n it is my maternal home n now all of sudden my brother-in-law has put a case on my husband for getting his share on the property . What should I do now?
Answers (2)

Answer #1
941 votes
Dear client file domestic violence case and apply for residential order. Once u got residential order no one can remove u from matrimonial house. If u have already file domestic violence case then file interim application for residential order. For any legal help call me

Adv kedar kulkarni


Answer #2
785 votes
First of all if it is ancestral house each brother and sister is having share in that house. In D.V act there is specific provision of accommodation and if your hubby is not providing accommodation then you can move for huge amount of alimony as for accommodation and also dear for interim alimony.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details.

Report abuse?

Comments by Users

No Comments! Be the first one to comment.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."