Want to get married to Hindu man can parents create problem

I am an American Christian woman marrying a Hindu Indian man. We plan on getting married in a civil service. Can my fiancé’s parents prevent us from getting married? We are both over 21.

First tell me, in India or abroad. They can't prevent you both marrying, bezc u both are major's. U can complain against them, if they prevent.
If in India you both have to get registered d marriage, after filing the application before jurisdictional sub-registrar officer & wait for statutory period of 30days.

Since both of you are above 21 years, you are both legally adults and hence can marry according to your volition. You can register your marriage under the Special Marriage Act. However, please note that registration is compulsary.