Want to file for divorce and alimony living separately for 8 months

Its complete 3 years of marriege and we don't have baby from 8 months i am a post graduate lady and i don't have a job also and we are living seprate from 8 months now he is saying don't come back i'll not accept u i want to know if i will file divorce how much alimony and property i'll get from him

Answers (3)

226 votes

You can file divorce and if possible can also go for the mutual divorce and for the alimony you nees to file another case for mainenance. For more clarity and better options take appointment for accurate solutions.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

282 votes

For filing divorce u must seperate for 1 year.and many factor decide alimony like salary and property of ur husband and ur capabilty to earn. And the reason why r u living apart. U can also file domestic violnece and maintenace case.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
211 votes

yes you can file for both alimony which is also known as maintenance. the amount depends upon the earning of husband as well as the living standard, For the case for divorce there are various grounds such as cruelity etc. under which petition can be filed before family court

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."