Sister's in laws torturing her and not accepting her in their house

My sister, She has a 4 years old child. In june 2016, her in laws dismissed her from their house and she is living in parents home with her child.Her in laws family is refusing to accept her.They also tortured her mentally and physically many times for dowry.They are from police department too. What can i do now?

Answers (3)

199 votes

File case under dowry act,domestic violence act,in your local mahila thana and concerned magistrate and also to ss.p.also file case under 125 cr.p.c.for maintenance and you can also approach to district legal services authority.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

326 votes

You filed the case Domestic Violence Act under section 12 in the Consulting court got the application your sister is living in her husband.... the court got your sister itrim relief order.
And Court court got the door your sister husband per month and trim relief money

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
187 votes

very very unfortunate that it happened to your sister. Marriage has been solemnized in 2016 since 7 years have not been elapsed , you can lodge a First Information Report against the culprits under the provisions of IPC as well as Dowry Prohibition Act. Moreover you can alao lodge a complaint under DV Act regarding the same.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."