Sister left with mother and not allowing to talk to mother

I am 32 years Female, my elder sister just left from kolkata one day with my mother and does not tell me where they are. ALso does not let me talk to my mother. She talks abusive and says will ill treat my mother. I am out of country at present. How do I reach my mother?

Answers (4)

292 votes

I cant tell you how to reach your mother. What you can do is file a FIR with details of your mother and sister with photograph tat they are missing and you can file habeas corpus writ in High Court asking the police to bring both of them before the court. If your mother has voluntary left with your sister then you can do nothing.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

71 votes

First of all I want to say that your sister requires counselling. Secondly try to get in touch of your sister if you are unable to do so then lodge a missing complaint through your friends or family members in the local police station where your mother used to leave.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience
164 votes


It's very unfortunate that you have been denied communication with your mother by your own sister.

But you have relief in law of India by simply registering an FIR against your sister as she has already admitted to have taken your mother from you.

You may also take custody of your mother from your sister by registering a case in court.

158 votes

You have to file a case regarding this matter. Kindly come to our office with necessary papers and documents so that we can provide you the best possible remedy to your legal problem. We hope to serve you properly.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

3 brothers and 3 sisters all married staying separately. Elderly mother staying with younger son. Other siblings not taking her. How to get all siblin…

Read More

What happens to husband when wife runs away from his home? What can husband do for their safety? What are the solution to this case as I don't wan…

Read More


Read More

are bailable case tried in court. where to contact judicial magistrate…

Read More