scared that my bhabhi will falsely accuse me and take legal action

i am an unemployed unmarried 35 yr old woman who lives with her 72 yr old mother(cancer survivor). we rely on mothers pension and other investments to take care of our daily needs. my father has expired and my brother being in merchant navy is out of city most of time. his family lives on 3rd floor and we live on ground floor( both my mothers property). my bhabhi and her mother keeps finding excuses to fight with us on petty issues although we have no say in each others matters. seeing latest trend i am scared if they falsely accuse us of something and take legal action.please advice n save us

Answers (3)

258 votes

First, I would suggest that you write a complaint with the Crimes Against Women Cell in your area. A quick google search will direct you to the same. You could approach them in person or over the phone or even through email.

Approaching the domestic violence courts could also be an option. That would provide you with a protection order that would ensure that you are not harassed any further.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

96 votes


Going by what you have stated herein, it is advised that you can police and approach court for appropriate remedy.. Please also specify the issues involved between you and other party... Also need to see the property documents in order to have more concrete opinion..

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
179 votes

To start with for the harassment caused to you and your mother please file a police complaint against your sis-in-law etc. As for the 3rd floor since your mother is the owner she can file a suit for eviction against the sis in law etc. And have the flat vacated. Thereafter your mother may deal with the flat as she pleases. These actions must however be taken only after personal legal consultation with a lawyer

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."