Remedy in case wife filing for a fake domestic violence case

My wife is supposedly abusing me and family verbally and then instigating me to say something. and after she finishes her abuses silently records my answer(which is obviously in the same language used by her). which I have noticed of lately. and messaging my sister(sister is married) that she is instigating me(husband) to torture her. which gives me a sense she is collecting evidences to provide later. How can I protect myself and my family.. as she is also accusing my mother(who lives seperately) that she too instigates me to harrass her. She is using pressure tactics to make to submit before her all demands and be a puppet to what she says.. She is even not ready to shift from a rented flat(which I cannot afford as of now and want to shift to a flat which is of lower rent , I have to support my parents also financially. I fear If my parents visit me to live with me ,she is hinting that will file false cases of dowry and domestic violence(mental torture, harrassment etc).Pls suggest

Answers (3)

267 votes

Don’t retaliate as it will worsen things for you. She can choose to avail the remedy available to her under the domestic violence act and you cannot preclude her from doing so. Rather, you can lead your defence to demolish her false and frivolous complaint as and when the need arises. As far as implicating your other family members is concerned, the court may not even summon them considering the veracity of her allegations against them.
Furthermore, if no litigation has been initiated by her yet, you can explore the possibility of settlement through conciliation/ pre litigation mediation proceedings under the aegis of mediation centre/counsellors annexed to the concerned family court of your district.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

346 votes

First of all, this is quite a common problem that is faced by men. I would suggest you to file complaint with the police in whose jurisdiction you are co-habiting with your wife. Just make sure that you get everything recorded in the complaint. a copy of the complaint shall be given to you free of cost. store it and keep it safe. in case she files a case against you, a copy of the complaint shall come handy as evidence for your apprehension.
just for your information, once you get the complaint filed, the police might approach your home asking your wife about the whereabouts and bringing to her notice that a complaint is filed against her. don't be bothered by that, you can still go ahead and get as many complaints as you want filed against her. Thanks

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
135 votes

You can also collect the evidence same way she is doing. You can share those with others to ease down the pressure from your shoulders. If you don't want to live with her , you can file divorce petition.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."