Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Remedy as husband staying away as wife filed FIR for hitting her

We got married 4 months back, caught my husband having an affair with his colleague, he hit me that day for 4th time in 3 months. I filed an FIR and shared the chat details with his colleagues & friends. Now I want to go for reconciliation considering it was my reaction to his anger, he doesnt want to stay with me. What rights do I have to stay with him. We both have vacated our rental house. he is staying with his friends. Our marriage is not registred

Answers (2)

You first file a domestic violence Act 2005 case against your husband for hitting you because this domestic violence case give you complete financial help to you for your husband staying away from you so if you want then file divorce case also here whether marriage registered or not its not a matter so first you contact a local lawyer and file a D.V Case against your husband for your financial help.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

If your husband wants to reconcile then it makes sense to reconcile or else even if the marriage is not registered , the petition of divorce can be filed. There is a need of separation of 1 yr is required to file divorce petition. What is the status of FIR, was he taken in custody or has he got bail in the same matter

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

 i have 2 sister, 1 brother and mother, my father expired on 2015. there are some fixed deposit of my father in which my mother is nominee, and i…

Read More

I married since last year. Me and my husband were residing in chennai, both working. Past 4.5 months I was staying in my mom's home because of my …

Read More

1. Can we force other party to go for mediation process and complete the process ? 2. Do we need to give response for 498a complaint file against us i…

Read More

Father and Son have differences and father do not want to stay with son nor want to do business together. Where is : Business : on the rented place th…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue