×

Remedy as husband staying away as wife filed FIR for hitting her

We got married 4 months back, caught my husband having an affair with his colleague, he hit me that day for 4th time in 3 months. I filed an FIR and shared the chat details with his colleagues & friends. Now I want to go for reconciliation considering it was my reaction to his anger, he doesnt want to stay with me. What rights do I have to stay with him. We both have vacated our rental house. he is staying with his friends. Our marriage is not registred

You first file a domestic violence Act 2005 case against your husband for hitting you because this domestic violence case give you complete financial help to you for your husband staying away from you so if you want then file divorce case also here whether marriage registered or not its not a matter so first you contact a local lawyer and file a D.V Case against your husband for your financial help.

If your husband wants to reconcile then it makes sense to reconcile or else even if the marriage is not registered , the petition of divorce can be filed. There is a need of separation of 1 yr is required to file divorce petition. What is the status of FIR, was he taken in custody or has he got bail in the same matter

Advocate Preeti Joshi