Relationship with unmarried women when wife left him

Can a married man having relationship with unmarried women if his wife has left her for last 3 ?can his wife can do any legal action against both? what the can do. My religion is sikh

Answers (3)

85 votes

His wife having only legal right against her husband only pertains to demand of dowry and maintainance aspect towards her husband and if in case husband contacted second marriage without getting divorce from earlier wife then first wife having legal action for committing bigamy

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

63 votes

Living with a unmarried women is not criminal offence but your wife has so many actions against you she can file divorce petition on this ground she cam claim maintenance she can also go in proceedings in domestic violence. Such type of matters ate veru complicated matters you can't say which way the wind will blow in my opinion if you are living happily without getting married its ok but we cannot ssy when the complications crop up in married life or in any relation but you should be careful as you have to pay for getting married

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
94 votes

Dear you can't get married without getting divorce from your first wife, but you can live in live-in relationship with second lady even if you are married. If you have any child from your second wife, then your first wife can register a criminal case against you, even if she is not staying with you from the last many years..

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."