Protection against complaint for 498A filed by wife and his parents.

My religion is Hindu.I completed 1.5years of marriage.Just before 20 days.My wife has went from my house along with her parents and they are threathing me they will lodge the FIR against my family section 498.I tried to convince them.They are not listening in this situation.What steps should i follow?How can I protect my family in this situation?Plz.suggest.

Answers (2)

181 votes

Hello Sir,

This is a very similar tactics which were being played by many people nowadays and now you can do one thing before your wife and her relatives get a FIR REGISTERED IN YOUR NAME, in between before they try to file FIR, you can get a case file against your wife under section 9 of Hindu Marriage Act and can claim that you want your wife be back at home and she has ran away with this much of amount and gold ornaments. This way your case will become more strong and you won't be liable for any maintenance in future is she seeks DIVORCE as you are the one who does not want to leave her and claiming her back. Rest you can contact the lawrato team for my contact details and any sort of communication medium.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

274 votes

You must initiate protective action. You consult a lawyer at the earliest and and file a complaint to police as well as court. You have have certain legal remedies which you can avail, before your wife and in laws takes any action against you. Your wife has multiple legal rights to take against and you in several litigation including police case. you must hire an advocate or seek online consultation to draft your complaints.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."