quesProperty Partition between brothers

We are two brothers & two sisters. My father & mother had purchased property jointly in their name 20 years back. Now my father expired interstate without leaving any will, my mother is co-owner & she got her name in all the property documents. My sisters & mother wants to relinquish all the property rights . They want to give this all property to both brothers equally. Now when i asked my brother for voluntary partition he is not agreeing & he is giving me small piece of land only for house construction. All papers are in my mothers name as co owner with my fathers name. Due to this my sisters & mother are upset & they want some legal solution to partition this property equally among two brothers

  • ans Your brother is entitled to get 1/5 share in your father 50% share and Notional partition share also would be devolved between the family members as per the succession. You have to get Release Deed form your mother and sisters with respect to another 50% share of the your mother. Your father share would be devolved automatically between all the family members as per the law of succession

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Family lawyers in India

Similar questions

what are the cases can a husband and his family members can file against wife,…
Sir meri gf ki shaadi ho rhi hai date bhi pd gya hai lekin main…
as he is handicapped person i cant give any complains regarding him because he acts…
Andhra Pradesh High is routinely denying quashment U/s 482 CrPC of domestic violence cases citing…

Family Lawyers in India

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Ayantika Mondal

 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly