Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Procedure to file for marriage registration.

Hello. I am working under west bengal government. I did post marriage registration under hindu marriage act in Nov 2015 which was without the knowledge of any of our family members. And nobody came to know about it. But after that in 2016 Dec I got my passport in which I mentioned my marital status as unmarried. Also in my family declaration form at my office I kept on writing as unmarried. Here to note is the fact that neither of us lived together and both are from different cities. Right now presently my query is if we want to live together how to let know passport authority and my office about the marriage registration since the fact was hidden and I kept mentioning myself as unmarried since November 2015. Also is 2nd time marriage registration from a different place possible? Please help urgently. Thank you.

Answers (3)


It is a crime to suppress the marital status, but there is a way out which could be sought if you contact us. Suppression of material facts from the government may cost you your job, as you are government servant.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

No you cannot do registry marriage again but you can add the said information in your passport by making some legal declaration. You need to come to our office with all the documents so that we can provide you the best possible remedy.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

You have registered your marriage under Hindu Marriage Act .and why did you not disclose the matter that you are married person. In my opinion without detail discussion proper consult is not possible .

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

My son got married arrange marriage one year ago The bride side was insisting for registration of marriage bfr the marriage but it was not possible at…

Read More

My dad has an ancestral agricultural land for which pody is not yet done by Govt survey dept . My dad now wants to divide this ancestral property to h…

Read More

 I love one girl but not support girl family so we are deciding register marriage but I am not major my age is 20. girl major 20. I am waiting my…

Read More

i m 25 and girl is 20. we love each other. we want to get married but the girls family is not ready. i have filed the application in registrar office …

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue