×

Procedure to file for marriage registration.

Hello. I am working under west bengal government. I did post marriage registration under hindu marriage act in Nov 2015 which was without the knowledge of any of our family members. And nobody came to know about it. But after that in 2016 Dec I got my passport in which I mentioned my marital status as unmarried. Also in my family declaration form at my office I kept on writing as unmarried. Here to note is the fact that neither of us lived together and both are from different cities. Right now presently my query is if we want to live together how to let know passport authority and my office about the marriage registration since the fact was hidden and I kept mentioning myself as unmarried since November 2015. Also is 2nd time marriage registration from a different place possible? Please help urgently. Thank you.

Sir/Ma'am,

It is a crime to suppress the marital status, but there is a way out which could be sought if you contact us. Suppression of material facts from the government may cost you your job, as you are government servant.

No you cannot do registry marriage again but you can add the said information in your passport by making some legal declaration. You need to come to our office with all the documents so that we can provide you the best possible remedy.

Advocate Preeti Joshi

You have registered your marriage under Hindu Marriage Act .and why did you not disclose the matter that you are married person. In my opinion without detail discussion proper consult is not possible .