Procedure for second marriage after divorce order.

i wanted to know that if person is divorced and he/she decide to marry in court second time (court marriage). Is there any entry in court shows that he/she is divorced.

Answers (2)

186 votes

yes there is a form you need to feel before registrar of marriage and in which you have to mention whether you are single or you are divorced. so in your case you have to mention divorce and you have to submit divorce document also.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

336 votes

Yes the fact that you have been divorced once stays on the record of the court and when you go for a court marriage for second time, you must mention your status as divorcee and not a bachelor as all the information must be furnished correctly otherwise the entire process will become void as the marriage will be said to have been obtained by fraud.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Jaspreet Singh Rai
Greater Kailash 1, Delhi
16 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

My wife got second marriage without divorce but I have no proof of her second marriage And where she live with Her second husband I know , I also know…

Read More

Hi, I live in UK with 2 children. I lost my wife due to illness 8 months ago. My parents have found another girl that I have been speaking to from ove…

Read More

When a person is already married and he done again a court marriage without informing his earlier wife. How this type of marriage can be nullify? The …

Read More

second wife filed 498a, 495 307 , first marriage divorce decree is ordered after one month of second marriage, but facts of first marriage well known …

Read More