Procedure for getting celibacy certificate in Qatar

I am an NRI and i am getting married to a Romanian girl. The Romanian embassy here is asking for a Celibacy Certificate.How can i get the certificate here in Qatar or can some lawyer in India can help me get it.Thank you

Answers (2)

247 votes

You can apply for the Celibacy Certificate Online. In India, in order to save time and unnecessary hassle for NRI's, the provision has been made to get the Celibacy Certificate online at the S2NRI's web portal.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

333 votes

It is advisable to follow the guidelines that certain authorities deem necessary. Those wishing to marry overseas will need special documentation. First, couples will have to present a declaration that is processed by your local office where marriage documents are produced. This must be from the state where you live in Qatar. On this statement will be recorded the fact that there has not be any marriage in recent years.

Due to the fact that these types of documents are sought for foreign involvement you will need the local or state registrars account or declaration to be authenticated to work abroad.

Go to the Civil Registry office where marriages are registered.
Present and submit required documents.
Complete a form and declare.
Pay the fee.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."