Procedure for court marriage in case girl is minor.

Hello sir I'm Shyam 20 years old I'm in love 17 years old now her parents are torturing her we want to marry sir we are both yadavs relatives to each other plz tell me a solution to this problem sir

Answers (2)

293 votes

hi according to your question you should marry her when she attains at the age of 18 only other wise it is not allowed and treated as voidable marriage, if her parents tortures her then you can give complaint to the concerned police of the jurisdiction.for further you can contact us at any time.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

83 votes


You cannot marry the girl since she is a minor and marrying her may invite many complications. Her parents may approach police and can file criminal cases against you. Therefore, it is advised to wait for another year to marry her.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."