Please help on this my brother just 27yer old and we got one younger11

Dear sir , Please help me on this...Recently we lost our father , now we are family of 5mem.. my mom is a BP patient and she is uneducated, After my father death my elder brother lost is his mind. and start to play horse race gambling game in which he lost lots of money.. he stared his business as real estate type business in which he used to make fool to his friend father and takes money from him and ply gambling game.. to which his friends father came too know abt truth.. one day he called and told to return my money or else i will complaint u in police station.. now my elder is upscounding. nor he comes home or connect with him.. Now that person is giving torture to us saying that if you wont pay my money i will take to police station and take legal action against your entire family Now my father owned a house, he says sale that property and pay my money , To which my mom agree for this But its my father property i don' like to go father property . in this case how to i can save

Answers (2)

67 votes

Hi, based on the issue that you have narrated it is clearly evident that due to mental illness and depression of your brother by the death of your father all these issues have been faced by you and your family members. Second is that the act of cheating or misleading has been done by your brother and now he is absconding. Hence it will be your brother who shall be liable to pay the money to the creditors and not you or any of your family members. The property of your father is safe and the creditors cannot pressure you or torture to sell the property and repay their debts because of your brother. Only if the parents have made debts and died then the family members are liable to repay the money to the creditors from the parents property. In this case you people are safe. Let me know if you need any help at free of cost as my service to Justice.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

326 votes

Hi... if your brother has taken money you are your family members are not liable for that and he also can't simply give the complaint to the police against you are your family members . Before complaining to the police he gave to show to the police that all the money your brother given to your family members or on the instigation of members of your family your brother cheated him.
Thank You

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."