Parents pressuring me to leave their house

My Grandfather died w/o will. My uncle , grandmother and father faught in court and received 1/3 rd share of money and two flats (all self acquired prop of grandfather) Each flat was taken by my father and uncle (leaving 1/3rd share in respective flat and adjusting the amount) Mediation was done and documented in high court and case closed. Thus my father recieved Rutuja apartment flat and 24Lakhs. Now my father and mother threat me to vacate current home (its mothers self acuured flat. She has one more. Father has self acquired 1flat. Plus this Rutuja apartmt from grandfather) They gave me keys to leave in Rutuja apartmnt and has warned me to leave in next 6mnths. I am a 32yr lady docror by profession, I hv younger sister. I dont have any other home to relocate after 6mths What should i do to secure my legal rights and fr my physical safety? Parents bring police/Dakshata lady department to pressurise and threat me. Pls help.

Answers (2)

84 votes

Being a legal heir you and your dependant spinster younger sister too can approach court saying that both of you have equal legal rights on their biological both parents properties after their death .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

216 votes

Hello Client, i will suggest you that you leave your father and mother flat. because as per rule they don't to give you any share in their property. so their is only two option 1) you have to fight in court for your RIGHT 2) Politely leave the house after 6 month. and before that you search for new home as you are a DOCTOR by professional, as you mention. for further need you can call or mail me from this site.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."