Parents pressuring for marriage. I want to get separated from them.

I have a concern to talk to you about, i am a 24 year old girl and i am good in my education and my work, due to some misunderstanding my parents stopped my education i want to learn so many things. they forcing me to got married they mentally pressurize me they don't allow me to go outside at home and they broke my phone and my sim card and always commenting me for that thing which i have not done. Please tell me what i should do I don't want to live with them and don't want any thing from them just want to live apart from them. What can i do?

Answers (2)

106 votes

You can't disown your parents. If you are financially independent move out of their home or work towards that goal. If you have a close family friend or relative who would understand your situation go and stay with them for some time. Have someone in your family speak with your parents to mediate the issue. There are some good NGO's in Delhi who provide free counselling. Sign up and speak with them. It might give you some much needed solace and clarity. Hang in there and I hope things get better for you.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

154 votes

You are a major person. You can file a police complaint against your parents for mantely torturing you and harasment. Further its only your decision if you want to live separate from your parents. If after getting separate, your parents still harassing you you can file a writ befor the Hon'ble High Court for your protection and ceasing your parents from interfering into your life.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."