Obtaining of christian marriage certificate without changing religion

Myself and my fiance are converted Christians but certificate wise we both are hindus is it possible to get a Christian marriage certificate without changing religion?

Answers (2)

164 votes

If you got converted to Christianity and then married according to Christian custom, you may apply to the Registrar of Marriages for issuance of a certificate of marriage mentioning the religion of both of you as Christians, by duly complying with the procedure.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

207 votes

As you are yet to get married, your marriage should be performed according to Christian rights and customs in church after baptism.

Once solemnized, you can get a certificate from the church.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."