No physical relationship with wife for 5 years, can i seek divorce

I am married for 5 years but we had never have physical relationship since very first day of night she always denied for it, as i am very supportive in nature so I thought might be she need some time to understand so I never forced her.We had not taken a single penny from them as Dowry , she is don't having interest in family values or socializing ,She is often gone with me in any family function or in any event. She is very dominating in nature (She studied law.).On very small issues she talk about police and all to threat me ,even i never yelled on her in last five years. In my home every thing is running according to her. If She is in mood then only she can cook other wise she don't.She is also doing some job.Now I am fed up with my marriage ,and not in position of giving any maintenance of wife what she wants as many times she said if you don't like than give my alimony .I think since starting she is in the same mood.Please guide me , is this case can be registered for cancellation

Answers (1)

309 votes

Dear Client,
Denial for physical relationship by any of the spouse is a ground for divorce. Her attitude towards her responsibilities towards your family along with the denial for physical relationship will amount to mental cruilty. So you are advised to file a divorce petition seeking the above ground. If you are from Lucknow you can contact us or contact a local associate for the same. For further clarification feel free to contact.
Tushar Bahadur,

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."