Mutual partition of property be acceptable for separate mutation

Mutual partition of residencial land property of my father was done in written among our brothers & sister. Is it acceptable to Municipality for seperate mutation . We are Hindu.

Answers (2)

297 votes

Hindu's are divided into two Schools. Dayabhaga and Mitakshara are the two schools. This will decide the law. Mitakshara law permits unregistered family partition. The same is enforceable in law. But the same is not for Dayabhaga.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

309 votes

Sir, perused your query in detail. Yes, mutual partition is acceptable for mutation purposes. However, the mutual partition ought to be registered. Please approach the municipal authorities and have a talk with them regarding mutation. Please feel free to get in touch with me for more details.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
34 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."