Mutual partition of property be acceptable for separate mutation

Mutual partition of residencial land property of my father was done in written among our brothers & sister. Is it acceptable to Municipality for seperate mutation . We are Hindu.

Hindu's are divided into two Schools. Dayabhaga and Mitakshara are the two schools. This will decide the law. Mitakshara law permits unregistered family partition. The same is enforceable in law. But the same is not for Dayabhaga.

Sir, perused your query in detail. Yes, mutual partition is acceptable for mutation purposes. However, the mutual partition ought to be registered. Please approach the municipal authorities and have a talk with them regarding mutation. Please feel free to get in touch with me for more details.