Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Mother not allowing son to live n father's house after his death

Sir, My father is no more he died on 28th.Oct.18.We are 2 brother and 5 sister.4 sisters are married and 1 is unmarried.I m the elder son and married having 2 daughter aged 2&7yrs.My mother stopped me to live in my fathers house after 2 yrs.of married live.Then i started living in the rented house,now it has been 5 yrs. as my living in the rented house. Now my mother lives alone in my fathers house.And she is not allowing me to live in my fathers house with my family.She threthens that when i will enter in the house she will call the police and make me arrest.As per my knowledge father is died without making any will.But not so sure. please guide me how i can live in my fathers house with my family.Can i focebly live in my fathers house.

Answers (4)

1st you obtained E.C. from sub- register office . From which you will able to known whether your father had made any registered document or not . If the property is in the name of your father then file suit for partition

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear client,
First you verify your fathers property. If you have not available any documents of property then you apply the certified copies of land /building documents from your local subregister office .Then apply death certificate of your father and Legalheir certificate. After getting those documents you can file a partition suit through the help of an advocate and also as per the advice of the advocate. You didn't try any type of forcefully activities that may be creat problem for you.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

Where yr unmarried sister living if mother is staying alone ? File a partition case .your sister married and unmarried r the legal heirs .so yr all properties will be devided by 8 and u will get 1/8th. If yr sisters gift u their portion - u have to talk to them .

You have 1/7th share in your father's house as equal as your mother and siblings, but as she is a women and widow mother she has more right to live in that house than you,
To get a share you can file a partition suit in the civil court.

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Hi, My sister in law is threatening to file false cases against my aged parents.We are a Hindu family and my sister in law is spreading lies about my …

Read More

Grandmother can file dv case against dauhter-in-law after 14 month…

Read More

I'm 23, female, unmarried, living with my mother, my father is not with us. Im constantly being accused of prostitution and illegal affairs by my …

Read More

My father in law had an illegal relationship and got a son before he married my Mother in law. Now I'm married to his daughter for over 3 yrs. Can…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue