Married a girl but have not lived with her since,is the marriage valid

Meri shadi mandir mai hui hai.Maine marriage rajistraion bhi karya hai.par ladki 1year se apne mata pita ke pas reh rahi hai.padhai ki wajha se ab ladki ana chahti hai.par ladki ke parents ko pata nahi hai ki shadi ho chuki hai..please koi legal advice bataye..ham dono Hindu hai

Answers (4)

155 votes

Dear sir

as you have a valid marriage registration certificate and your bride is ready to come then you can easily shift together, and my legal advice to your protection is that file an application u/s 482 of Cr.PC before Hon'ble High Court and get protection in which no policeman or police station would disturb your peace.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

53 votes

Your marriage was performed as power Hindu Vedic rites and rituals and therefore it is a valid marriage despite the separation for one year. You may file a Petition for Restitution of Conjugal Rights.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
248 votes

If your in laws are not allowing her to joined her matrimonial home in such situation you can file restitution of conjugal rights application before family court.Apart from it you have to tell parents about marriage.

56 votes

You can file case against your in-laws for seeking custody off your legally wedding wife.your can also file illgel detection off your legally wedding wife against her will they can detent into can also file case against your legally wedding wife against family court section 9 for conjugal right .

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."