Marriage in Nepal but as bride Indian whether registration mandatory

I had an arranged Hindu wedding in Nepal on 23 Feb 17... bride is till yet Indian citizen but broom is a Nepali citizen by birth... marriage happened in Nepal... is it complusory to register our wedding.. if it is unregistered den wat happen..

Answers (2)

yes ofcourse you have to register but absence of registration does not make a marriage void if it fullfil the requisite of a valid marriage. if your marriage is registered then it better for your convenience...

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Yes registration of any marriage whether performed in India or abroad is compulsory these days. More so if the marriage was performed at Nepal. Marriages may be performed anywhere but it's registration is as important as registration of births and deaths.
Rest I can help if you give for that details.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

Hi, I am a boy from Patna, Bihar, recently started working in Bangalore. We married each other in Registrar office in Patna last year without telling …

Read More

Marriage is registered under 1955 hindu act, if one wants to change it to 1954 hindu marriage act. Is it possible.…

Read More

I am a 23 y.o Hindu female based out of Chennai. My boyfriend is a 26 y.o.Christian male from Kerala. We want to get married, but my parents are again…

Read More

I am major and i got married in arya samaj and want to get my marriage registered in sub registrar office. should the witness be blood relation of the…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue