Legal rights of wife in husband's salary & home

M belongs to hindu Brahmin family..hve love marriage,it's been 5yrs..mere husband muje baar baar gher chodne k Jane or paise nhi dunge ker k mentally pressurise kerta h.22months ka beta h uski kidney m swelling h uske delkhbhal k leye m job nhi kerti abhi per m preshan ho gae hu baar baar cheze todna marna mentally physically tourture.kal usne mere itna mara mere nose m hands m chot lage.plz tell me m use kese btau ki mere uske ghr or salary m baraber ka huk h vo ase force nhi ker sakta.plz help

Answers (3)

228 votes

You should register an FIR with the police stating all the relevant and important facts therein. You should also mention to the police that you are under constant threat and so is your son and hence protection is needed. You can also file for a divorce along with a maintenance plea therein seeking maintenance for you and your son.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

211 votes

First you have to file a case of Domestic violence under Protection of women from Domestic violence Act. 2005. With following reliefs before judicial मैजिस्ट्रेट.
1. A protection order against husband.
2. An order for interim maintenance under Domestic violence Act.
3.An order for share house hold.
4. An order for medical expenses for child.
Second petition before family court.
1. Under section 125. Cr. P. C. For maintenance.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
120 votes

You can file a case of domestic violence against your husband and take maintenance from him for you and your child. If he is getting rs. 10, 000/- . You and your child will get 6,000/- as maintenance from your husband.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."