Legal remedy to get back wife who is at house arrest by her parents

Dear sir/ mam, Me and my wife is of 31 years and we get married on 22nd at arya samaj mandir and after that we get registered the marriage on 23rd this month. No my wife has been trapped at her home. How could I get her back. What legal action may be taken towards her family without ruining their pride and honour.

Answers (2)

163 votes

She is your legally wedded wife and you have right to live together. If your wife has been trapped in her house by parents, you can file a writ of habeas corpas before the high court. In such case your in laws would be directed to produce her in the court and after taking your,s wife consent, she will be send with you.
BT in a case your wife is not coming with you from her parental house, you have to file a suit for restitution of conjugal right. If your wife is not eager to live you.
If you didn't want to indulge in cases try to solve the problem by making dialogues with mutual consent in case of failure of dialogue take legal actions.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

273 votes

File writ petition of habeus corpus before high court. You will have to prove marriage with documents. Although you can file complaint to police but it will not work. The best remedy is to approach high court.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."