Legal remedy as minor girl leaves home with another minor boy

My cousin left home with another boy .both are family not lodging a complaint in police fearing social threat to accept her again.plz help her as she is minor

Answers (3)

337 votes

Minor consent is no consent as they are incompetent to enter into contract. So, whether willfully or by coercion your cousin fled with minor boy is not a question. The boy is liable for kidnapping. Now as the boy as you say is minor he will face trial before the Juvenile Justice Board and will be sent to reformatory. Had there any physical relationship than it will constitute rape. In that case the Board will ascertain whether the boy is capable of understanding physical relationship he will be put to trial like that of a grown up accused in general court for kidnapping, rape and relevant provision of POCSO Act.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

228 votes

Both boy and girl r minor.Law does not permit both the minors to live or marriage toghers.Take the help of police for search and bring them back.As per law their photo and name can't be published.So don't worry for social defame

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
96 votes

What do you want ? To recover the girl or the boy . If your family is not ready to lodge F . I. R then you submit complain against the boy . Because police is the authority who will arrest the boy to save girl

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."