Legal implication of cancelling the marriage after engagement

I got engaged in July 2017 in family pressure the engagement was good ceremony but I am not earning well to start a family . My family pressurise me to do marriage in June but I am not ready threatening me that bride family will sue or take legal actions if we cancel the marriage. Can I cancel the marriage ,kindly guide me.

Answers (1)

You can cancel without fear. . . . .

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Saifuddin Saifee
Maharani Road, Indore
18 years Experience
Advocate Jai Shiv Darshan Giri
Santoshi Nagar, Ring Road Chowk, Raipur
14 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Similar questions

I have been in a relationship for 3 years and lived with my gf and one other female friend for almost 10 months. Will this be called as livin relation…

Read More

My brother in law and his wife live with us in my house (the house owner is me and my husband). and they are harassing us.. We wanted them to leave ou…

Read More

My husband filed is section 9 but it is false he say also in filed she leave my House with 6 lakh also every thing is false he demand me dowry and hom…

Read More

Husband goes to call girls under which ipc act should I launched a complaint? What is the action should I take against him, how long it will take to s…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue