Legal action against husband from doing second marriage

I'm Hindu. I am staying in parents house. My husband sent me a divorce notice.But I want to save my marriage.Without divorce, my husband is looking for girls for a second wedding.Any legal action can be taken to prevent my husband's second marriage.

Answers (3)

93 votes

If you have been staying in your parents house since three years or if you and ur husband have not cohabited with each other as husband and wife since 2-3 years you can file restitution of conjugal rights case. Before that give a reply to the notice of your husband denying his allegations if any are made against you and please note that your husband can not remarry legally unless there is a divorce granted by courts. so even if he marries that will be illegal as it amounts to bigamy . Though preventive action for restraining him from marrying is not provided, you filing for restitution of conjugal rights case should make him understand that you want your marital life and you are not for to his second marriage and if he marries without divorcing you you would fight it back with criminal cases.
good luck :)

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

212 votes

If your husband is trying to get second marriage, collect details of the second girl and take restraining order from stopping him from entering in to second marriage, and also you apply for restitution of conjugal rights under Hindu Marriage act , give reply to divorce notice if not he will file divorce case and have chances of taking ex-party divorce.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience
283 votes

First thing when you receive a notice is to consult a lawyer and reply to the notice recieved by you. We further consult you in these matters as to how to move forward with the case. As I have no knowledge of the contents in the notice is difficult to say what can be done. At the very least you can hire an advocate and reply to the notice sent by you husband at the earliest.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."