Invasion of privacy and confiscation of personal belongings

I am a 24 plus years old independent female, living on my own(rent). My parents are against my love marriage and when i visited home they hid my laptop and phone and copied all its content to their laptop strictly against my consent and then went through my personal documents and pictures which i didn't want to share with them. Is it legally permitted? Can i take any legal action against them regarding this ?

Going by what you have stated herein, it is advised that since you are major therefore legally nobody can confine you. Also a criminal and civil action is maintainable in your case. Also you can seek protection from the court and police.