Incorrect details on biodata for marriage,can I be accused of cheating

My Wife telling we cheated her & her family, when we given Marriage Bio Data Fact was we given Print Bio Data to Marriage Mediator, But girls family had received manual Bio Data which was Hand Written. when one issue happen this topic came then all elders & that mediator are there, then we asked that mediator what type of Bio Data we given to her then she told Print Bio Data, then she told that Bio Data was at her Son In Law, she contact her son in law through Mobile phone to tell Bio Data Details, here she (mediator) was illiterate she given mobile to her husband to write Bio Data details in white paper, at that time he was in Drunk stage. He wrote birth of year as 1984 instead of 1980. Before marriage They never pointed or cross checked us about Date of Birth. After 4 months of marriage girl and her people bring this topice to us. Now she was telling she lost her LIFE and we cheated her. Actual her birth year was 1993 my birth of year was 1980 there is a gap of 13yrs between us.

Answers (3)

334 votes

Bio data submitted before marriage by a third party( mediator) cannot be contested in the court.
it is for the parties to do the verification (age, color, employment status, financial status etc) for both the parties prior to engagement and post marriage.
if the parties have failed to verify the personnel details of the bride or the groom, then parties alone are responsible.
Your case will NOT come under cheating or under sections of criminal law whatsoever.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

56 votes


Yes. She can file a case for cheating against you. For registering FIR, no evidences will be required from her side. Based on her complaint, an FIR can be registered against you by the police.However, when the police files the charge sheet and the case comes for trial, you need to contest the case basing on your submissions and evidences to prove yourself innocent. Feel free to contact me for any assistance. All the best!

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
184 votes

Dear Client,
Why did she or her parents or relatives did not ask about the age then. What you will now do for that unverified details. Whether she wants to leave for that only cause. There is no cheating in it as she or her parents did not verify the same meticulously they are at fault. Cheating means, when knowingly one person making believe the other person to do a particular act. Here you or your parents or your relatives did not make anybody to believe that you born in 1983. Now you may not do anything for the mistake happened without your knowledge. So you need not worry and leave the matter to her to react.

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."