Husband stays separate as wife suffering from mental disorder

My wife is mental disorder person, she cannot go for medical treatment or not taking prescribed medicine , since 3 years she torture me physically, mentality, and financially , without any reason she gets angry, use very bad language to me loudly, where i go she follow me , throwing good and not making food , all this type thing continue 2 to 3 weeks. Now i decided to leaving her and staying separate, please suggest me if i staying separate , can police take any action against me or in legal problem for me in future

Answers (4)

291 votes

You should immediately lodge a complaint in police so that in future you have protection against any course of action that she takes. If you lodge complaint before her then your case will become Stronger and genuine

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

51 votes

Merely by living separate on a justifiable grounds, it does not render you liable to a legal action but the lady, being your legally wedded wife, would be well within her rights to file a case against you for maintenance amongst others.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Rajeev Nigam
Kanpur Nagar, Kanpur
27 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
320 votes

No, nothing would happen,. the police will not take any action against you. and you take divorce from your wife for this reaskn/grounds. you contact me immediately for further suggestions. I can guide you better personally. so try to CONTACT AND MEET ME.

177 votes

Yes you may stay separately as the mental condition of your wife is not sound. She might file false dowry harassment, domestic violence and maintenance case against you but you have to take a stand and file a divorce petition on the ground of cruelty as soon as possible.

Report abuse?

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."