Husband not earning Can i file maintenance case against him

My husband is not earning anything. Ours is joint family. I hav 5months child. If i file a maintainance case on him, will he become responsible and go to earn? I don't want to give divorce as it will be negative effect on my child... Please give me legal advice which case i can file on him. I was working but presently not working. I'm a hindu

Answers (3)

339 votes

Dear client
if the only motive to go to the court is to make ur husband earn then i will advice u not to file any case. Since I am into councelling as well, I can advice that there r other remedies for ur problem.
if u r not having any source of income n husband is dening to maintain financially to u n ur daughter then u can claim maintenance from ur husband.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

348 votes

Your husband is working or not doesn't matter, as he is well bodied person hence he has to fulfill his responsibility towards his wife and child. Definitely you will get maintenance. You can file 2 cases for maintenance where you would get residence order and also protection order. For further queries contact me...

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience
301 votes

Your husband whether earn or not he is laible to give you maintananace to you and you can file a case under section 125 of criminal procedure code which you can get maintannse in that provision kindly get that

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."