Husband lives away mother-in-law mentally tortures and ask for dowry

My husband stays away most of the time, need to live with mother in law, she doesn't give me food, no money and constantly complains and abuses my family for not giving things. Has total control of finances. Does not allow me to leave house. Mentally tortured me during my pregnancy and in hospital after my operation. Attempted to snatch my child and shouted and abused me in front of my husband to be thrown out. Have been left at my parents house ever since then. No monetary support and husband abuses me over phone for upsetting his mother. Please help need monetary support from him to upbring my child and stop being mentally tortured by both of them.

Maintaining the wife and child is the duty of husband and he can not escape from it. You can move to court for your right. File a complaint under D.V Act and. Dowry prohibition act anf 498 A IPC, for torturing, abusing and demanding dowry. you can also file a case for maintenance from your husband, so u can maintain yourself and your child.

Yu need to go for a case under 12 DV Act firstly.
And before that file a FIR against your in laws
After filing a case under 12 DV Act, you need to go for a case under section 125 Cr.P.C. for maintenance for yourself and your child.
You can also claim your in laws property through you child.

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari