Continue to LawRato.com with Google


Husband having affair with a girl filed a case of 498 and maintenance

Hello I got married in 2007 and I have got 2 daughters. My husband has been involved with a girl since Jan 2017 and he has been pressurising me to get out of the house along with my daughters. He has been harassing me emotionally, physically and just shouting out the "Cruelty" word which he must have referred on net. His family was earlier on my side and now they also say "If there is something wrong with women then man goes somewhere else". He stopped giving me finances and took his belongings and move away from the house. I have filed a maintenance case,498A,domestic violence case and 406 Sec on him. He took a bail of 498.He had been involved with another girl earlier also after my first daughter but I forgive him.He is not turning up in the court and sending his lawyer everytime for date extension. Also can i claim on his property which is in my father in law's name? I am only living on the expenses of my parents. Does court punish such people?Please advice me what should I do?

Answers (2)

If you think that it is not possible for you to further live with him than just take divorce from him. It may be mutual consent if he agrees or can be contested one. You can claim permanent alimony from him for yourself and for your daughters. You and your daughters don't have any right in the property which is in the name of your father in law. For punishing him just carry on with the cases you have filed against him.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Hello you just file a case of section 125 CRPC so that you can get regular maintenance for yourself and your kids it is not possible that property belong to your father in law you cannot claim any legal right you can file FIR looking into the status of that lady who is involve with your husband for further more solution just contact us

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

My marriage was arranged.husband is having gambling drinking habits.I am habitual of beaten by him.his parents also supports him.my own family is poor…

Read More

Every month Maintenance case filed at vadodara 2015 April now Oct 2016 got maintannce Paper but no single response given by them now again we have app…

Read More

But agnst this decision she has filed objection in high court bilaspur that she is not satisfied with this decision though after all my and family exp…

Read More


Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue