How to obtain maintenance from my father

My father works in a co-op sector. He is not providing for my mother and me .Is there any way we can get a part of his salary directly from his office ? Can we get a quick solution for this problem?

Answers (2)

342 votes

There is no quick solution for this issue, u have to file maintence suit, ur mom will get maintenance for sure, but court will consider ur age, marital status, educational qualification to provide maintenance to you. time for court proceeding is approximately 1 year..

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

69 votes

A man is bound to maintain his wife, minor children and unmarried daughter. If he fails to do so a petition under Sec.125 of Cr.P.C. before a magistrate or family court. Wife can claim maintenance under Domestic violence act also. Approach a good lawyer in ur area and he would be able to help you.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
34 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
20 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
36 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
18 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."