How to file for Family certificate when there are 2 wives

Respected sir, 40 years back my parents r wedded and they blessed with two children. I am one of the children.35years back my father married another lady and they r blessed with one boy. Both wives r alive. My father has passed away very recently . We means first wife family spent a lot of money for curing my fathers health condition.second family they did come even to see my fathers dead body.Issue is second wife & her son r not co.operating to get family certificate to claim bills. My step brother he is nrot responding to good r bad who is staying in abroad. He just cut contacts with our people. Govt compelling my step brothers signature or affidavit from him.but he is not responding.rejecting of certification is happening in the absence of his name. What is the way to get family certificate in case he & his mother is not responding.

Answers (2)

can i know whether your father has obtained divorcee, before undergoing second marriage
if he has not obtained divorcee then the second marriage is illegal
family certificate can be obtained by mentioning all the family members names

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Dear Sir, To my knowledge and information, You can ask them to give no objection stating that we are not interested in claiming the bills and property if any belongs to your father. if they are still not co operating to get the Family Certificate, send a legal notice to both step mother and your brother stating the above reasons and need for claiming the bills.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
22 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
22 years Experience
Advocate Surangama Sharma
Gomti Nagar, Lucknow
4 years Experience

Related Articles

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

well i am 16 and i think my parents are going to kick me out because i didn't wanted to become an engineer but my parents forced me to do it and a…

Read More

My sister got married in 2004, conceiving pre-marriage after a relationship of 4 years and was a victim of domestic violence. She committed suicide in…

Read More

I am in a relationship with my boyfriend for last 7years. recently our parents have talked to each other regarding our marriage and i have been told s…

Read More

maata pitah apne marji se apne larka larki ka vaal vivah karta ha agar dono nawalig ho to mata pitah par kaise kanooni karwai kiya jaaye isme larka la…

Read More

Talk to a lawyer for your legal issue