How can i legally ask my mother to stay with my elder brother?

My mother is living with me for past 5 years. Due her there are constant fights fights between her and my wife. I have a elder brother. Legally can i get my mother to stay with my elder brother? The house that we are living in is in my name. Please guide.

Answers (1)

108 votes


Going by what you have shared herein, it is advised that mother is legally entitled to live with her/ his children and it cannot be compelled to stay aside.. That would be a choice which your mother has to exercise..

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."