quesHow can I cancel my marriage certificate

Hi, My sister got married 3 years back in guwahati court. last month she got married with the same person but in Hindu traditional process. Now my question is they both are central government employees now they have to submit the marriage certificate in their office but they are not accepting the certificate because according to them they got married this year.. what is the process they can do to void the old marriage certificate to get a new.

  • ansThat cannot be done until and unless there is decree of divorce from the court
    Incase your offie is not accepting your marriage certificate than we have to approach the tribunal or court as the case may be

    Advocate Rupam Jyoti Das

      Guwahati Club, Guwahati

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
  • Related Articles

Consult best Family lawyers in India

Similar questions

I am married for 4 years now and recently i became father also , now…
I got a news from my friend that her cousin brother is molestrating her and…
My brother in law and his wife are always fighting over their finances. My brother…
Hlo sir Sir mera English weak hai so I write in hindi please reply me…

Family Lawyers in India

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Ayantika Mondal

 Experience: 8 years

View all >>

Quick Consult

Get 15 Minutes of Expert Legal Advice on Phone right now

Ask a Free Question

Post a Question online and get free advice from multiple lawyers by email

Find a Lawyer

Easily find and book private consults with top lawyers in India

Get Fee Estimate

Receive multiple quotations for your legal requirement instantly