Continue to LawRato.com with Google


How can a wife claim a share in husband's property?

Hindu what is the share of wife in property of husband. Also, if some property is registered in the name of wife, is she sole owner and can sell the property independently? how to claim share of property?

Answers (2)

In accordance with law, a wife can claim her share in the husband property, which is self-acquired or ancestral property. Even otherwise also, her right is property under Section 19 of THE PROTECTION OF WOMEN FROM DOMESTIC VIOLENCE ACT, 2005.

You can't claim a share in the wife's property and she can sell her property independently. Kindly see Section 14 of the Hindu Succession Act.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Wife can claim only the property of self acquired property by husband. And if the wife is owener of property thn she can sale the property of her ownership independently. A husband cant claim the propery of his wife.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Wg Cdr Ajit Kakkar (Retd)
Dwarka, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Preeti Joshi
District Court, Gurgaon
10 years Experience
Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar
Connaught Place, Delhi
21 years Experience
Advocate Harish Malhotra
District Court, Gurgaon
21 years Experience

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Divorce Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Similar questions

Hi , One of my friend who lives in USA got married to a girl through marriage beuro agency in India...Both are Muslims by religion. ..while marrying g…

Read More

Sir, My Paternal G.Father having self acquired house had expired without settlement of property intestate in 1955. He had 3 sons and one daughter. My …

Read More

Hi, My GrndFather has 2sons&1daughter,he has 2 indivual houses, one is 150galalu & 2nd is 400 gajalu.All property is on my grndfathr name only…

Read More

I m a muslim. My wife filed 2times false 498a and 1time 498a/494 in different PS and district. And 125 in family court. She has no income. I purchased…

Read More

Get free assistance for your legal issue