helping in running away from domestic violence at home by father

my friend is being beaten up by father for expressing her intent to marry me . She has asked me to help her , but she does not want to get married to me now . She just wants out as her father would marry her to anyone in a month . I want to know what actions her father can take against me for helping her . She has a job and for last 20 days she is locked up at her home .

Answers (1)

210 votes


Going by what you have stated herein, it is advised that he may frame you in any of the false cases. If your friend is above 18 years then no one can legally force her to marry against her wishes..

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."