Friend tortured by parents. Any repurcussion if she runs away with boy

My friend is being harassed and tortured and by her parents. Her age is 17 years. If she runs away with a boy at this age, will it cause any trouble to the boy or boy's parents? What can she do about it?

Answers (1)

59 votes


She can file a complaint with the police who can provide her a protection. Also she can approach the Women's Commission against the harassment and torture done by her parents upon her.. She can also approach the High Court by filing a writ petition for her protection..

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."