father in law threatens to commit suicide how to safeguard family

Hi, My father in law is an alcoholic and has been staying with my mother in law and his elder brother at my wife's residence. The house is in the name of my wife. My father in law has been borrowing money from everyone in the society and who so ever he can access without the knowledge of anyone else in the family. Recently all this has come to light and we have no clue as to how we can safeguard our family from all of this. When confronted he threatens of committing suicide. Can anyone pls help with what legal action can be taken. And also as a son in law do I legally have any obligation to my father in law. Would be highly grateful if someone can guide us through these tough times.

Answers (1)

322 votes

U don't have any Legal obligations. U have to decide whether u want to keep him or not legal action are only taken when u don't want to someone around u. U can implicate him 107, 116 crpc.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Gouri Shankar Hemekari
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
23 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Sector - 49, Gurgaon
18 years Experience
Advocate Ricky Chopra
Karkardooma Court, Delhi
18 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
32 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."