Father filed maintenance case against me. How can i defend my self?

My father has filed a case of 125 Cr.P.C. against me. I am a government servant and my father has his own clinic. How can i save my self or defend myself? I have 2 more brothers. What to do now?

Answers (2)

178 votes


Going by what you have shared herein and before advising anything it would be useful if you can show the documents of case. Also your father can legally initiate 125 proceedings against you but the substance in the same can only be ascertained after going through the court papers.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

350 votes

You will have to contest the application for maintenance as your father is only claiming a right conferred by a statute. Bring out the facts and circumstances of your case in the reply that you are required to file. You may engage an advocate to draft the same for you if you are not confident yourself.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."