Family property problem what to do

Hi dear sir Am jalamma my problem is my parents have only one house we are 4 girls and 1 boy here problem is my brother didn't see my parents and beataed my mom and my sister for property so we discussed and diside that to sell that property and protect my parents recently my father was passed away before that he route that if any one want to sell that property should have all of our girls Singh than only it's possible but our question is my brother have one boy is going to be 18 years old is there any possibility for them to clam the property if yes how can we protect that

Answers (2)

296 votes

Dear Client,
Whether the property belongs to your father or that it was inherited from your grand father. If it is your father`s exclusive property then his will holds good, that is it will be sold by you four girls. If it is inherited by your father from your grand parents four girls and your brother each has one share, that every body has one fifth share in the property.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

127 votes

Both son and daughter have equal rights on the property.
Also in your case, it appears that your father has written a will.
So your brother cannot claim the property alone.
the property will be divided equally amongst 4 girls, 1 boy and mother or as per WILL of your father.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."