Dont want to keep relation with family. How to get out?

I am 40 years old. We are 2 brothers and 3 sisters. My parents are retired. There is one self acquired house in the name of the parents. One brother stays with them. The problem is we could never come along as a family and there are a lot of differences. I have one house of mine. Brother and sisters influence them(parents) create chaos b/w us. I don't want to keep any relation with my family. How can i do it?

Answers (2)

344 votes


Going by what you have stated herein, it is advised that since law binds you to take care of your parents therefore the same cannot be do away with but in respect of further ties with your siblings, the same can be done legally through appropriate channel...

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

198 votes

There is no provision of law that would allow you to legally disown your family members. You could publish a declaration in the news that you have noting to do with them though I am presuming that you do not have any joint financial obligations with them. Have your siblings move in to your parents house and live with your immediate family in your own house.

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
Advocate Barkha Bhalla
Banjara Hills, Hyderabad
17 years Experience

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

" has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."