Did love marriage against wish of the parents how to get protection

If couple mutually with feee consent decided to marry, but her parents have strong oppose for intercast marriage. What will be the legal procedure, if her parents file the police complaint? Legal compliances for such marriage to avoid police prosecution

Answers (4)

293 votes

If both party were major i.e. boy 21 years & girl 18 years of age. And sound mind that they were medically fit and not declared guilty of offence by any court then only they can marry with each other.

Googling your legal issue online?

The internet is not a lawyer and neither are you.
Talk to a real lawyer about your legal issue.

174 votes

both are major
firstly both r solemnisation of marriage
both are filed written complaint against parents for protection and not to interfere.
thereafter police officer call ur parents for settlement of dispute and suggest not interfere.
then both r safe

Popular Family Lawyers

Advocate H Gouri Shankar
Dilsukhnagar, Hyderabad
24 years Experience
Advocate Sunil Kumar Bakshi
Sector-16, Faridabad
33 years Experience
Advocate J. P. Rinwa
Swej Farm, Sodala, Jaipur
19 years Experience
Advocate Bala Janaki
330 Thambuchetty Street, Chennai
35 years Experience
212 votes

Register your marriage , apply to collector office of your jurisdiction for government benefits . also apply to the police commissioner office for police protection mention name of person from whom you likely to be opposed . encloses your age proof and marriage certificate with application.

197 votes

registration of marriage is the option to avoid further complications provided both have free consent for marriage and r legally eligible for performing marriage like age etc. Take information from marriage registration office,

Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or contact a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.

Related Questions

"LawRato.com has handpicked some of the best Legal Experts in the country to help you get practical Legal Advice & help."