quesDaughter harassed by her husband and in-laws. What options available?

Daughter married last yr.her husband drinks and harass her regularly.her inlaws also support their son. she is wth us since 4 months.now her husband threates her to come otherwise he will divorce. Also he sent dirty msges Please.advice what to do.Mediation in lokadalat,appln for restitution or FIR with police Please.advice.

  • ans

    According to your statement, your daughter is not safe at husband's place. So we suggest that you should, firstly lodge a FIR at the nearest police station under section 498 A, and  thereafter file a case under Domestic Violence Act.  

    Assuming you are Hindus,

    If your daughter wants to stay with him then you can file an petition under Section 9 of the Hindu Marriage Act.

    If she desires divorce  then she can file divorce petition under Section 13(1) of the Hindu Marriage Act and seek divorce on the grounds of cruelty


  • ansIf the behavior of your daughters husband and in-laws is very rude towards her and if she thinks that she can't manage and not comfortable in living with her husband and in-laws then all the options are open for her she can file a police complaint against her husband and her-in-laws. and if she choose to file a police complaint they themselves will refer your case to mediation center. your daughter can also file a case under domestic violence act and can also demand maintenance.

    Advocate Ankur Aggarwal

      Uday Park, Delhi

  • Disclaimer: The above query and its response is NOT a legal opinion in any way whatsoever as this is based on the information shared by the person posting the query at LawRato.com and has been responded by one of the Family Lawyers at LawRato.com to address the specific facts and details. You may post your specific query based on your facts and details to get a response from one of the Lawyers at LawRato.com or book a Detailed Consultation with a Lawyer of your choice to address your query in detail.
Consult best Family lawyers in India

Similar questions

First Shocking Event In my Married Life in 4 months. Shouting, violent, abusive, wife and…
My sisters marriage was fix but her exboyfriend met her would be 3 days ago…
Hi, I am at the age of 30, from Bangalore. I am having a lover…
My own brother n his wife was insisted to my mother leave house now I…

Family Lawyers in India

Advocate Nagesh B L

 Experience: 23 years

Advocate Prabhjit Jauhar

  Connaught Place
 Experience: 20 years

Advocate Mohammed Abdul Quadeer

  Shree Ram Nagar
 Experience: 11 years

Advocate Namrata Jayakar

 Experience: 14 years

View all >>